Had a great marketing session today with Belinda from Orchids in the Outback, Hyden. We worked on her website concept and on ways to integrate her marketing plan and message around her online store. Belinda’s strategy is to make life easier for busy mums to treat themselves. Although, personally I’m excited by her range of gift ideas to help Husbands in time of need with a quick, simple and great value way of ordering gift packs on line!
Read More

All of the happy Brookton group plus Michael from SBCEW and Brad from True Blue Business Support   Brad with Phil from Eze Feeder Barry from Eze Feeder
Read More

Hello out there, I’ve copied some posts over from my second True Blue Business Support website, which I will be taking down shortly. Unfortunately, it now makes the date sequence and some content look a bit weird. If/when I can work out how to fix it, I will do so……  
Read More

Now that the final report on the programme has been completed and submitted, I thought I’d publish a summary of key questions on the participant feedback sheets: What did you think of the overall content of the 4 sessions: 20% “Average” 40% “Above average” 40% “Excellent” How applicable overall was the information to you or your business skills: 20% Useful 60% Helped me 20% Helped me a great deal This workshop covered areas that will enhance the way I do business in the future: 40% Moderately 60% Significantly What was your impression of the facilitator: 20% Acceptable 40% Good 40%
Read More

Thanks to all attendees for your enthusiasm and participation. It was a pleasure to be part of a group of people who were keen to improve their business practices. Photos (hopefully) soon! 9 December at 02:36 from atlas
Read More

The last 2 weeks have seen a small group of Brookton business people involved in sessions on Marketing and Customer Service. These workshops were once again an interactive and informal chance for people to learn some tips and tools, not only from me as the presenter and Michael from SBCEW, but more importantly from each other. One of the most fulfilling aspects of being a presenter/trainer is seeing people that are willing to listen and share experiences and they’ve all been fantastic to work with. Although small in numbers, the group is HUGE on enthusiasm and knowledge and are to
Read More

Last Wednesday evening, a small group of Brookton business people attended Workshop #1 – Unlock the hidden profit in your business. With Michael Sharp from the Small Business Centre also attending, we discussed topics such as Debtor management , Stock Management, Margin Management and Building stronger relationships with your Suppliers. Although the numbers were a bit lower than we had hoped for, the interaction and contribution from all attendees was high in both quantity and quality. There was a lot of information to cover in a short space of time and I’d like to thank everyone for their participation and
Read More

Recently I was asked about the design of our logo and where the idea came from. It’s very simple – all I wanted to do was to symbolise what it it feels like to be the person running a small business!! I reckon it couldn’t get any more descriptive than showing someone juggling a heap of jobs and roles at once. In business, the trick is to keep everything in a state of perpetual motion and try to keep your eye on the ball…… Sounds easy, doesn’t it! A customer at the counter, an upcoming meeting with your bank manager,
Read More

What we do We equip you with the tools and systems to better manage your staff and Occupational Health and Safety requirements. We will work with you to custom design HR & OHS systems specifically for your business. We also offer a range of options to help you in most operational aspects in your business, such as managing your stock on hand, sales and marketing and operational processes. And as a certified Aussie Host Customer Service trainer, maybe it’s time to upgrade your service levels? With over 25 years in retail sales and business management, Brad reckons he made just
Read More